I don’t have to wear formal today. Relaxed as I thought I would be, turns out that today was the hardest day for me to dress. Well, formal wear this week was incredibly easy considering I only have one pair of pants and I just have to put on a shirt. My other pair is coming soon. Casual wear…more options, more decisions and more vanity. Which pair of jeans, what colour, a tee, a shirt, do I pair it with a jacket? Which shoe should I put on? And I was looking forward to dressing for today for the past four days. Ironic.
We left the house at 8.15am today and found ourselves caught in more of a jam than the previous four days. Inside my head, I kept telling myself, no matter what, we must must must reach LB by 9.10am. I need breakfast.
After taking a lot of alternative routes, we eventually arrived at 9.10am. Phew. Breakfast today was nasi lemak with super spicy sambal. Vanessa, princess of sambal, ate hers up no sweat. Her rice was practically red! Amazing.
Vanessa through a mug hole. When I arrived at my table, four teddy bears and a note greeted me. No, it wasn’t given to me. The note read “please take pictures of these and send them to my email”. It was from Aliya. Taking pictures, I like! I got the camera from Jas, it was just an old Sony Cybershot. It was still fun though. I then emailed them to Aliya, and dispatched the goods through Jas.
Oh, by the way…yesterday at the Bond With Comedy stand-up comedy competition at Bond, Avenue K (yes, it’s a confusing name and competition) I WON! There were four contestants and I won! Guess who decided to take part too…Teoh from Love Perhaps. He is one of the many guys who are in the show. Yesterday, I won myself a trophy and a one-hour body massage at an exclusive spa. If I win the finals in December, I’ll win RM500 cash and a stay at some luxurious resort that I can’t seem to recall its name. Cool!  The champion's throphy I won last night. Jenny tapped me on the shoulder and apologized for calling me “Boy” yesterday because she was too busy. Haahaha. She said she told her daughter about it and her daughter said it was mean. Then we continued to talk about her daughters prom, how she had to pay for her daughter’s prom dress which looks too old for a young 18 year old to wear, the hair and stuff like that. She also said that in advertising what’s most important is the working experience. You can have all the fancy degrees but if you don’t know what you can do, it’s pointless. Working at a higher position doesn’t mean you get to boss and relax. The workload increases too…tremendously.
After that, she told me about the Kancil Awards tonight and told me to just go and gatecrash. Go after dinner and just walk in and have a look, she says. Hmm, I wonder if I should. But then again, Klue gave me an invite to attend tonight’s Viva Brazil party at Maison. I feel like staying home with my computer on, lazing on my bed, listening to emo songs and just lie down. Ahhhhh. Sounds good.
A week in Leo Burnett, there is some pretty weird things that I have gathered. People naturally listen to songs that reflect their mood or perhaps, the day of the week. I remember on Monday, I heard really slow songs. Mostly things you hear on Light & Easy. Mid-week, you’ll hear songs like Switchfoot being played on laptops, some Michael Jackson perhaps. Today, a Friday…it is no surprise that I have already passed 3 laptops that are playing…techno. 
The change of songs is like a pattern. I have to wait till next week to see if it really is a pattern but as of now, I can clearly listen to Tiesto-like music from the back, some electro trance in front and some hard hitting bass from further back. Oh, Tanner just blasted his Cake. Awesome choices of songs! Well for me, Tanner’s taste in music is pretty similar to mine; he has his fair share of slow songs and some upbeat ones. Nice.
Then, a tune caught my ear. It sounded very familiar and close. I know this song. Spies by Coldplay. It came from Gin May’s computer. Wow, she knows this song? It’s a song from Coldplay’s first album Parachutes and it is one of my favorite albums. She then told me she only liked their first album, which I totally agree with. I knew she had some wicked sense of music when I heard some her playing some world music the other day. 
Today is a weird day. I seem to be having a sandwich crave. I tried calling O’Briens but they couldn’t deliver today. One of their staff called in sick. Then Van told me about this place down the road that sells sandwich and only sandwich and they wont make it for you. You make your own sandwich as you please and they charge by weight.
Sounds good!
So Ah Boy, Van and me proceeded to this place about 10 minutes walk from LB. On the way we wondered if Gin May would want a sandwich or not, so we called her. Haaha, I told Van that based on our ‘superior’ taste in music, I would say she would go for the turkey or salmon. True enough, all Gin May wanted was turkey ham and cheese. Bingo!
After that, I started predicting what vegetables each of them wanted and oddly, I guessed them all right. I even manage to reveal what meat Van doesn’t eat and what Ah Boy and Gin May would prefer or not. It seems I have discovered an amazing hidden talent.
The hidden ability to predict people’s preference in sandwiches base on music preference and face value. Haahahahaha.
My sandwich consists of salmon, mozzarella, turkey ham, olives, roman lettuce, and Caesar sauce. I paid RM7 for it, which I think, wasn’t bad considering the height of my sandwich.
Yummy! By the way, another interesting fact about the community in LB is that everyone calls everyone Babe. Or maybe it’s the localized ‘beb’. Everyone seems to go beb beb beb. The younger ones, the older ones, girls, and guys and all in between seem to refer to everyone as beb.
“Hey beb, bla bla bla”
“Cannot la beb, bla bla bla”
“You sure ah, beb?”
Funny.
It’s 3.40pm now. I feel so embarrassed. I just found out how to properly use a…paper hole puncher. Van saw me filing some things into box files and she asked me why wasn’t it aligned. I said I don’t know (yes, typical me). She asked me why didn’t I fold it in half first and use the puncher’s marker.
OH! So that’s what the ‘arrow’ on the puncher is for. Aiyo, embarrassment looms upon me.
Jenny just asked me to go gatecrash the Kancil Awards today because it would be quite nice as a first time experience. I then asked Aliya and Jenny what the dress code was. Aliya provided the best answer ever.
“Advertising people…*sigh* don’t have dress codes.”
4.46pm. Wonderful! I just got another call to perform tomorrow. It’s for The White Ribbon Campaign and they’re inviting us to perform. Hopefully I will be able to find out more about it before I actually do it.
6.25pm. I guess I won’t be attending the Kancil Awards anymore or the Viva Brazil party, I’m going home to get some rest and think of tomorrow’s get up :)
I told Jenny I won’t be going and she attempted to con me by saying that people at LB must work on Saturday and Sunday and maybe she’ll give me a half day off for Sunday. She even got Aliya to join in and con me. Ishhhhh! They’re quite fun for superiors actually. They spend the evening joking about how Jenny referred to me as ‘boy’ just like a mother would to a son.
Ok, I’m going home now. I’m excited about what’s going to happen on Monday’s shoot. Yes people, I'll get to do more than see the ad before anyone else. I get to be there! I’m bringing a camera!
"Fuck" reduced to 2 today. "Bitch" at 1. Plus, it was all said in a jokingly manner. The wonders of a coming weekend :)
Shoot you next week 
~ |
Comments on "Day Five; The Sandwich Crave"
-
Anonymous reported that ... (7:17 PM) :
-
Kuah Jenhan reported that ... (11:20 PM) :
-
albert reported that ... (7:10 AM) :
-
Kuah Jenhan reported that ... (1:22 PM) :
post a commentNo f-word count? :P
grace - oops i forgot to put in..ok i edit now
Ooo is Aliya in Ciplak the movie?
albert - hmmm i dont know...but i doubt so..i'll go find out :) what's the aliya's full name there?