Day Four; The Random Encounters
| Woke up at 7am today, tired but somewhat satisfied. Yesterday’s show went quite well for me considering the fact I only got my material in office. Haaha. Thanks to all who came. Anyways, Ah Boy picked me up at 8am today and we found a small shortcut that enables us to bypass a couple of traffic lights to the parking area. Funny how taking risks such as intentionally taking an unknown path can be rewarding. Breakfast offered today consisted of fried mee, kuey teow, some eggs and mini sausages. Oh, and some vadeh too. However, I had toast bread with butter and kaya and some milk. Van and the Strawberry Rocky girl from yesterday were here earlier than us today. I was then introduced to Desiree, a sweet and friendly girl with one of few CD burners around my compound. So, the next time I have to burn my CDs, I know where to go. No coffee as of yet :p I’m going to go burn 14 CDs for Aliya like she asked me to yesterday. Desiree told me that I needed to get the blank CDs from Sharon who was on the Leo Burnett side. For that, I need a job number and to pen down the description on the ‘CD book’. After burning CDs, I’ve got some uploading to do and then wait for the meeting. Jenny just invited me to attend today’s PPM (pre-production meeting) with some clients today and to tag along to next Monday’s shoot! Hooray! Thank you for the opportunity! I just came out of the 45 minutes meeting. It was done over the speakerphone with a lady who sounded Philippino. It was a final pre-production meeting to make sure everything is settled and confirmed before the actual shooting of the advertisement. Lots of things were discussed such as the storyboard, choices of talents, their wardrobe and location. I’ve learnt that branding does not consist only of ideas but minute details as well. It is all about positioning. Which toy to highlight, which meal to highlight, what are the key frames, how should the situation be and even if the talent should smile, laugh or sulk. This is branding at its finest. It was truly a beneficial experience for me. People present at the meeting were Jenny, Aliza, heads from the creative, the director and also the producer. This is going to be a regional advertisement that is going to be used in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines. I can’t wait for Monday! I wonder if I am allowed to bring a camera along. I shall ask later. Anyways, Aliya introduced me to Li San, the superhero copywriter, and Kamal who was in traffic, just like Jacky and Angie. Ok, now I got to get back to the CDs and then courier them out. I had an indomie goreng kambing for lunch today. Wasn’t too bad. Ok, apparently I had forgotten about a stand up comedy competition tonight. I guess I will have to reuse some of my old stuff again. Ok, now to sort them out and set them well. 3.37pm now and the CDs and printouts are done. Aliya introduced me to J, the art director. She sits beside Li San, the copywriter and wow, loaded with dictionaries and thesauruses! Till now, overall it is quite an idle day. However, I realize that today, more and more of my colleagues are in casual wear. Most of them are in jeans already. I should ask Aliya if I’m permitted to dress like that too or not when she gets back to her seat. Oh, they restocked the vending machine. I have had myself 2 cans of Soya Bean already. Yummy yum. No, no coffee for today. Woah, I just rushed photostating for Jenny. She seems to be in a great rush and is worrying me a little. Thankfully I didn’t mess anything up…yet. After that, I had not much to do so I helped Van to look for some pictures and then take a breather at the bistro. Oh! Before that, Strawberry Rocky girl treated us to her home made cookies! Chocolate chip! Yummm. Anyways, I thought it would have been perfect if only she had used salted butter. But, it was still yummy none the less! Ummm, umm! While at the bistro, I was looking through the Fashion Week pullout and sigh, I wish I could attend it and take some pictures. Missed out on a great deal of opportunity there. Then, a man came and talked to us. His name was Jerry. Guess what? It turns out, he is the cousin of Melinda Looi and Beatrice Looi, the esteemed fashion designers of Malaysia. Oh my gosh! He told us a bit about the sisters and then I excused myself and returned to my seat. It’s 6.07 pm now. Boring oh. I went and disturbed the Strawberry Rocky girl and found out her name was Gin May. Amazing, she’s only been here a week earlier than me and she’s busy as heck. She has been going home at about 9 since I came in. It got me thinking. I wonder if my next week, is going to be just as busy as her this week. Hmmm. Ok, it’s 6.38pm. I’m going to leave now for Avenue K. I have a stand up comedy competition at Bond later about 9. Wish me luck. WOW, just when I thought the excitement at the office had ended; guess who was in the lift with me. Ng Choo Seong. Ok, Jason. Ok, the sepet boy in the film Sepet. YES! Wow, he must have been going to the gym, he’s bulkier now. It was a awkward moment…well for me. When I went into the lift, and we saw each other, it seem as though not only I recognized him, but he recognized me from somewhere, we just didn’t know where. Odd. Anyways, its casual Friday tomorrow. No need to buckle belts and make sure your fly is up and walking around in man heels! I can’t wait! Total “Fuck” today = 6 Catch you casually tomorrow. |

Comments on "Day Four; The Random Encounters"
-
Anonymous reported that ... (12:28 PM) :
-
Mayz reported that ... (2:31 AM) :
-
Kuah Jenhan reported that ... (1:21 PM) :
post a commentHey, can you like get some McD discount vouchers for me?
Seriously.
While you're at it, can you also steal some cool ads n postcards. :)
Huh?!! U saw Ng Choo Seong a.k.a Sepet's Jason! Didn't talk to him? If i were u ... (i'm a girl ma) .. i would have asked to have a pic taken with him dy!! Haha.. dunno y n how.. become a fan of him dy! Hehe.. next time take pic of him for me yea. With you or him holding a sign that says "This is for you, Mayz".. LOL! Desperate act of a fan ...
mayz - haahaha yeah i see him walking around a bit...i'll try to befriend him and yeah i'll surely take one of for you :D