Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Day Nine; Of Rain and Sandwiches

* Some shoot related pictures added in kaypopotamus.

Back to office today. I set my alarm at 7.00am and another one on my computer at 7.05am. I got up at 7.00am, walked to my computer and switched that one off and set my phone’s alarm to 7.15am. I then got up at 7.20am. I guess the symptoms of laziness are starting to show. Even when I’m lazy, I have to do it with style. I procrastinated till it was 7.30am before hitting the shower.


Three things excited me for work today. They are my new bag, new belt, and erm… sandwiches. I still feel the uncanny need for a sandwich. Ah Boy came 8.15am and we arrived an hour later, just in time for nasi lemak and some chapatti. Van, Gogula and Gin May was already there munching away and my first task today was opening a jar of jam. One of the many reasons why women need a man at home. Haaha. We talked a little; teased Ah boy (as usual) and Gin May told us that in Australia, they drank weekly. Sometimes twice or thrice a week and drinks are relatively cheap there. It sounds nice.

Aliya told me that she had a meeting this morning and would only be back sometime during noon and Jenny is in Hong Kong if I’m not mistaken. Till Aliya gets back, I guess I won’t have much to do.

I transferred some of the photos out of the camera but ran out of battery. Sigh, now not only I cant transfer files out, I cant even snap anything! Argh. Wong just offered me some Toblerone chocolates but I didn’t take them. I want sandwich! I want to call O’briens now but I think I’m just going to walk down to the road to the sandwich bar and make myself another sandwich.

Lunch is anytime now!

No! Stop! NO! Why did it have to rain? Why? You cannot imagine the gloom that bloomed in me now. I am so exasperated now I type everything extra dramatically. I want sandwich. I want it so badly I even considered calling O’briens again. Gin May suggested I buy sandwich from downstairs but I don’t want the ordinary triangular egg mayo sandwich. Ah Boy constantly laughed at me. Gragh!

I even contemplated going with an umbrella.

In the end, with no options, and a broken soul…Ah Boy, Van, Gin May and I went down to the food court to get some Indian food. I wondered if they had Indian sandwich or something like that. The closest thing that came to mind if I had asked for one would be a roti telur. No, I don’t want it!

So with our to-go boxes of Indian food, we went back up to the bistro to eat. I got myself a can of Soya Bean (yes, I washed it) and started to devour my unsatisfying meal. Right when I fed myself the last bite…it seemed somewhat unpleasantly clear outside.

Yes, it had stop raining.

Gin May had a little chocolate crave so she wanted to go down to the little sundry shop. I followed her down and while we were on the escalator, I realized that I could have bought a sandwich from the café at the bottom! Earlier Gin May was telling me about the café, not the triangular ones in the food court! Oh my gosh. The gloom that bloomed in me had now spread to my pancreas and is killing it. My lungs have already contracted the malaise from my broken heart. Drama maximus!

Guess what Gin May got for herself. Strawberry Rocky! And a chocolate bar. Haahaha. I got myself a huge piece of honeydew that I couldn’t finish. There is still a quarter left on my table.

It’s raining again. Ok, I feel better now. Back to work!

It’s 3.30pm now and it finally stopped raining. Piggy just sent me a link on MSN and it was her very first byline. Written like a pro, I’d say! Piggy wrote about PKR and their conquest for a newspaper permit. I showed her pictures of Katherina and Jerwin and we both agreed that they’re really supercanmelt.com.my. I cant wait to transfer all the other pictures.

Just now an Elsze came and asked me where to find a file and I showed her. Elsze was from the Leo Burnett side just like Clarissa. Oh, I forgot to mention about another person. His name is Cyril and he’s a big man.

Cyril’s quite tall and most of the occasions when I see him, he’s has a Puma shirt or gear on. I’m guessing he’s a huge Ferrari fan. Ferrari is tied in with Puma as well. Besides, Van tells me he has pictures with Michael Schumacher and it’s hung in his room. What triggered the thought of Cyril was his bag. I turn green with envy whenever I see his bag. It is a Louis Vuitton messenger bag. Though I would very much prefer a Burberry, LV wouldn’t hurt now would it? Ok, stop. I‘m starting to sound like Ah Kuah again.

3.52pm Aliya introduced me to the ‘final artwork’. Final artwork is something to be sent to the client for approval and she asked me to proof read it word for word from another sheet of paper.

Double checking.

It’s 4.39pm and I’m just done. I spotted quite a lot of mistakes and it happens. That is why we need a few eyeballs looking at it before actually sending it out. Things like dashes and underlines and spelling errors are common. After proof reading it, I told Aliya and she took me to the creative department to see what happens next.

We met this lady named Shara who corrected the mistakes on the spot. Her fingers were quick as lightning and she did all her work by hotkeys. Amazing. I’m now awaiting the corrected copy to be printed so I can have a final look at it.

Vanessa just tried to call my extension and I just found out that my extension is 2457. Wow, this is the first time my phone rang. Interesting.

It’s 5.41pm. I double-checked the final artwork one last time about half an hour ago. I just finished sketching a picture of Vanessa. She’s so glued to the computer that she isn’t moving and I had nothing better to do.

This is Vanessa. I will show you the sketch tomorrow.

In awhile more, I’ll be going home and before going home, I MUST, I repeat, I must get myself a sandwich. Today wont be over until there is a sandwich jammed down my throat! Ok, maybe not jammed in but slotted in. Whatever it is, I want to eat a sandwich!


6.14pm now. I just finished some printing for Aliya and I’ll be going home soon. Gin May has already packed her things and is ready to go home. This is the first time she is going home earlier than me!

I’ve been thinking about my work attire. I gathered my courage and I asked Aliya if I could wear denim to work and she told me that I can wear whatever I want to! Hooray! I don’t have to wear really formal wear to office anymore though it wouldn’t hurt looking smart once in a while.

I left the office at about 6.45pm and to O’briens in Chulan Square. Upon arriving, I was repulsed by the sight of a waitress shifting the tables and chair back inside as though to keep them. I hurried to the counter and asked if I could please have a sandwich and the lady was nice. She said they were closing but sure I could, if I was hungry. I got myself the Crambo Club, a triple decker sandwich and munched my way to heaven. Finally my day is completed.

Today, four ‘Fucks’ were heard and an addition of a very very interesting word. “Ma chattt?!” at one count. It is the Cantonese equivalent for “What The Fuck?”.

See you not so formally tomorrow.
~

Comments on "Day Nine; Of Rain and Sandwiches"

 

Anonymous Anonymous reported that ... (2:36 PM) : 

wats wif the sandwiches?? and i dont get the fuck counting thing..wat isit all bout? some bet?

 

Blogger Kuah Jenhan reported that ... (10:10 PM) : 

yew joe - duno la..i just feel like eating sandwiches nowadays... the fuck count is nothing la..its just observations.. everyday i count how many fucks i hear in the office :D

 

post a comment