I woke up at 7.30am again and went straight to the shower. I put on my jeans, yes jeans, and a shirt. Comfortable at last! Ah Boy came at 8am and we arrived at 9.05am. I cleared the memory in the camera and changed a battery. Today I arrived for a breakfast of fried rice, noodles, and roti sardin armed with a camera.
 Van posing in a way she doesn't seem to pose.  Ah Boy, picture taken by Vanessa.  Gogula with the "I'm brown and cute!" stance.  Gin May with the "I CEO. Give me my coffee." look. We all played around with the camera a bit before going back to our seats. Aliya just walked in at 10.18am. Ok, I have to go photostat some documents and chop them and after that, search for all the Brunei final artworks.
It’s 11.27am now; I’m looking through the O’brien’s menu. Heehe. I took the menu yesterday so that I’ll know what to order IN CASE it rains today. But then it seems so sunny outside, a perfect day to go out and take pictures. How how how? Walk to the sandwich bar or call for a delivery from O’briens?
Ok, I’m not going to miss the chance today. We’re walking to the sandwich bar and I’m bringing a camera 
 The sketch. Wow, I can actually tell its a human! Aliya got Jas to bring over some McDonalds things from the Leo Burnett side of the company for me to see. How nice! There are scripts and pictures here for me to see. Yippee!
Wow, all these are actually confidential documents. They contain the media selections, rationales and the most detailed information about the advertising effort. It is detailed to the point every one McDonald’s store has a guide as to where to place what ad and how. There are also procedures for McDonald’s staff to carry out in the event of a client wanting something different, such as mixing their meals, or using a coupon. A lot of work goes into making the Golden Arches the McDonald’s you see today.
Ah Boy, Van, Gogula, and Li San came along to buy sandwiches. Gin May gave me her ‘recipe’ and asked me to get her one too. Along the way, I only managed to snap a few pictures before Van stole it from me. Haaha she takes picture while walking. It looks as though the camera has become her vision instead.
 The Gin May special. When we arrive at Lapis, the sandwich bar, we all scrambled to get our sandwiches. Today there was some other bread as well. Mine was quite huge actually and was spilling out. We then played the guessing game and guessed the weight of my sandwich. I guess 346gms and it came out 343gms.
I told you I had special abilities in the fields of sandwiches. 
I told Van to bring Gin May’s sandwich home first and asked Ah Boy to carry mine. I went out first because I wanted to go snap some pictures and I know they will eventually catch up. I had only walked about 10 meters away and they were already in front of me. Evidently I was taking my own sweet time being trigger happy. I took a slow slow stroll back with the camera.
Along the way, I saw a big flock of pigeons feeding in front of a store across the street. I went there and was greeted by an Indian man who was scattering bird food on the ground. He smiled at me as though to welcome me. I smiled and nodded. I think he mistaken me for a tourist.
 Lots of pigeons. I took a lot of pictures of the pigeons eating and flying about. I kneeled and waiting for the moment, the moment when all the pigeons fly above my head. As they flew, I constantly snapped away though they were quite quick. At the same time, I was praying that I would not be blessed with gold droppings. Thank god I’m all clean.
 Pigeons in flight. I then hurried back. By the time I got back, Gogula had already finished his sandwich and Ah Boy had finished half. Ah Boy had finished half? That means they had came back very much earlier than me!
Gin May wasn’t at the bistro. She ate as she worked. She told me that even to finish her lunch, it seems that today, it’s going to take her 2 hours. Oh my.
It’s 3.39pm now. I finally have time to write. I spent about one and a half hours browsing through folders after folders searching for some McD pictures. My eyes were turning blur. Wow, Gin May still has a quarter of her sandwich left. Poor girl, we brought her sandwich back about 2 hours ago and she still hasn’t found the time to finish it.
Hey! She was right! It’s been two hours now and she is still having her lunch. Haahaha.
Today has been the busiest day for me so far. Scavenging through files after files, CDs after CDs. I wonder if the workload will grow as the days come. Who am I kidding, of course it would. Oh well.
Hmm, now that I haven’t anything to do, I’m going to mail Gogula and Gin May their pictures. Aliya just told me that on Friday, two girls will be joining the McDonald’s team and she is going to give them an orientation so she asked me to come sit in so I’ll be able to know even more about the whole department.
Remember the smiley receptionist that always plays Sudoku? Her name is Vivian. Just a while a go, Van asked me to send her mp3 player downstairs. Van left at 4pm today because she has to go meet her landlord. Anyways, I talked to Vivian the receptionist and take a wild guess what was she doing? Yes, playing Sudoku. She said that she is not going to finish it because she’s lazy. It’s a 5 star Sudoku today. Vivian said that she does probably 3 Sudokus a day, depending on how many newspapers she has.
I went out to the bistro to take some pictures and I took some of Vivian too. Sadly, it was quite dim there so the shots came out a little dark and I didn’t have a flash with me. The shutter speed was at about 1.6 seconds and she had to hold still for that amount of time. Haahaha.
 Vivian taking a break from Sudoku to pose for a picture. Its 6.26pm now and I’ve been reading Juice for over an hour. My work is pretty much done since just now but I’m just waiting for Ah Boy to finish hers. Gin May just offered me a Dunkin’ Donut. Yum…just what I needed! Thanks Gin May! Somebody stole her chocolate one and she’s eating an icky green one. I finished a pink one and I still don’t know what flavor it is. 
Aliya just went home. Wow! Another first. The first time she went home earlier than me. Anyways, tomorrow I’m going to follow Aliya to Damansara for the off line presentation. Remember the rough cut of the video for the client? Read Day 8 again you lazy bummers.
It’s 7pm now and Ah Boy is finally done. To occupy myself, I went around snapping more pictures and I scribbled and doodled in Vanessa’s notepad. She’s in for a lovely surprise tomorrow or maybe not, if she read this tonight.
Total “Fucks” today is four. No new members want to join the gang.
 Toilet cam whore! Off Line you tomorrow!  ~ |
Comments on "Day Ten; The Work and Play"
-
vvens reported that ... (12:07 PM) :
-
Kuah Jenhan reported that ... (11:39 PM) :
post a commentthe red patch on your hair looks abit funny. hahaha.
vvens - hey! :(