Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Day Three; The Copy

Ah boy isn’t coming to work today which means it’s the LRT for me. I left the house at around 7.40am for the Sri Petaling station. By the 3rd station, Tasik Selatan, everyone’s head were facing up like fishes gasping for air in fishbowl. It was only the 3rd and I have altogether 11 stations to traverse. It feels very much like going back to secondary school again

Gogula and Van was waiting for me at Kiosk. Although Masjid Jamek is a stone’s throw from my old school (MBSSKL), I realize that there were many routes I have never encountered throughout the years. It feels like being lost at the most familiar place. It feels odd. It is just a 10 minutes walk from Masjid Jamek station to Menara Olympia where Leo Burnett is.

By the way, I’m working under Arc. Arc is a part of Leo Burnett but it handles only below the line advertisements. Leo Burnett handles the higher profile above the line jobs.

Mr. Leo himself.

Today’s free breakfast consist of noodles, fried rice, roti sardin, roti planta + gula, kuihs and fruits. Apart from those, there’s milk, bread, jam, peanut butter, butter, kaya, and a toaster that is provided everyday. I had myself some noodles, rice and roti today.

Of course, and another cup of Capucino

9.45am, Aliya walks in. Then Jenny. They’re here earlier today. I’m trying to figure out my material and set up for tonight’s One Night Stand, the comedy thing. I’m so unprepared though its mostly impromptu. Aiyoh.

The girl sitting opposite me, she offered me some Strawberry Rocky today. I smiled and thank her. I didn’t take any though. I have yet to get her name. I must get it soon.

Aliya gave me some invoices to sort out and some delivery order to organize as well. In between, Jenny got me to photostat the first draft of a McDonald’s TVC script and Aliya told me to look at it too. Aliya seems keen on letting me sit in during their TVC meetings with the production house as well as the clients. Hooray! I might even be allowed to go for the shoot next week.

It’s 12.15pm now and I’ve just did a McDonald’s copy! Yes, I did! And it was in Malay! The reason a BM copy is needed is because posters in Bukit Bintang’s McDonald’s are in Malay. Aliya received a draft of a copy that was pretty much adapted from the English version and she asked me to have a look at it. I then changed it here and there and re-wrote another new copy base on that.

My McD copy!

When I showed it to Aliya, she said it was brilliant and she was delighted. Heehehe. I think it’s going to go to the BM copywriters to be processed. If it is really used on posters, man, I would be so so happy. Then again, I think it’s only a draft of what’s going to happen. Nevertheless, it was exciting!

Oh, by the way, how I write my entries here are pretty messed up in terms of tenses because some parts I write as they are happening. For instance, like now, and some other part I write when I’m free. Then I go home to edit and post them up. Anyways, it’s my lunch now. See you in a bit.

Yummmmmmmmy.

Yummm. Oreos and milk. That’s lunch for today. 1.47pm now and Aliya just went out. She asked me to sit in for the meeting today at 5pm! Hooray. I’m leaving at 6pm though. Trying to make it to Mentari for the show later tonight. Aliya said she’s be back by 4.30pm which means…I’ll be kind of free for now.

Oh wow, Clarrisa said thanks. Ok, before Aliya went out she told me to mail my McD copy to a Clarissa. Well, I didn’t know who she was but she came and said thanks. Anyways, it’s 4.08pm now. I’ve been working on my material a little bit and praying hard that things will work well tonight.

5pm, Aliya isn’t back and the meeting hasn’t start. What am I to do now? Anyways I walked around a bit and I spotted the receptionist playing Sudoku. She’s always smiling and greeting you. Well, I guess that’s her job.

Ok, Aliya just came back. She looked at the meeting room, sighed and said, “Aih, nothing is on time in advertising”. The meeting only started at 5.45pm and which means I will only be in the meeting for 15 minutes. Nah, I decided to leave and sit in for tomorrow’s meeting with the client instead. Now, to rush to Mentari via Putra LRT, KTM, and Bus 11.

Total “Fuck” for today tallies at 5 and “Asshole” joins the club with 1.

Meet you tomorrow.

~

Comments on "Day Three; The Copy"

 

post a comment