Day Two; Stationaries
| I left the house today at 8am and arrived at 9am. Leaving the house half an hour later resulted in the journey taking half an hour longer to complete. Traffic works in mysterious ways. Well, not too mysterious actually. Oh well. Vanessa, my senior from college was at work today. The best part is, she’s sitting right next to me. Yesterday, my only friend was a black Kilometrico pen. Today, I discovered that the drawers under the desk were actually mine to use. Guess what I found as a 2nd day welcome gift. Van complaint that I had more paperclips than her which I think…wasn’t a good sign. Anyways, we then went for our free breakfast where I was introduced to Eddy. Van introduced Eddy as the “Scanner Welcomer”. It seems that if you use the scanner in Leo Burnett, he will surely be there to welcome you. Man, what a job! Eddy told us to be careful when we wnder about the lower premises of Menara Olympia as there are actually a lot of muggers around. Even guys get mugged around here. Note to self : Bring my It’s 10.45am and Aliya isn’t here yet. I then found out from Jenny that Aliya has gone to the ‘far East’. I guess she won’t be coming today which means, I won’t have anything to do until I ask someone for some work. I asked Jenny if I could help her with anything and she told me to stay put first. She’ll find me a job. So I stayed put. I brought some of my comedy material to work today to at least sort them out if I had the time. Remember? We have a date tomorrow? A One Night Stand? Initially I wanted to bring a mug of my own, stationeries and earphones to work but since stationeries and mugs are provided here, all I brought was earphones and a thumb drive packed with some Dream Theater stuff. I haven’t really gone through all their songs yet and I’m hoping to find at least one more emo song from them Then Ah Boy changed her place and currently is seated just beside me. However, a mountain of folders is in between though. She shifted because she needed a computer to use and there was one available at the desk beside mine. Not long after, a lady by the name of Christine came with a bulk of CDs. She asked me to help watch the advertisements and single out a few. I also had to back-translate some of the advertisements into English. I counted the amount of CDs and I have all together 30CDs to look through. Yay! Job! It’s 1.26pm now. I have only gone through 11 CDs. I had some Indian mixed rice for lunch. It was quite nice and is affordable. As usual as it is today, the Indian man selling it could converse in proper Cantonese. I should really start brushing up on mine I bought myself another can of Coke Light (since most of the other choices were sold out) and I had my second cup of Café Mocha. Umm. I’m going to die of caffeine overdose soon. This mug is a curse! I can’t stop feeding myself the coffee from their coffee machine. I have had two cups already. Aliya came back at 1.41pm and was busy as ever. I helped her file some of the McDonald ads while continuing my translation work. I’m starting to think this advertisement gathering task was to be used as a competitive review. Aliya then taught me how to upload files onto the ftp so regional clients can access the files too. It’s 3.16pm now and I have 10 CDs left. I went to have another cuppa joe. That’s 3 for today. Ok, 5.45pm. I’m finally done translating the advertisements. Haaha, I have gone through a great deal of sanitary pad ads among a lot of other ads. There is one that just cracks me up. The tag line goes “Go, girl! Have a happy period!” Haahaha. Anyways, I’ve learnt today that it is possible to tell it is lunchtime or finish work time by judging the temperate. If it gets extremely cold, people are out of the building. Leo Burnett is so cold that you will know when people are in or out the building. It's cold when there's people, it's freezing when there's none. It’s 6pm now. Total ‘Fuck’ heard today is now 12. ‘Bastard’ remains at 1. All in a day’s work at an advertising agency. Caffeine you tomorrow! |

Comments on "Day Two; Stationaries"
-
Anonymous reported that ... (3:30 PM) :
-
Anonymous reported that ... (11:06 PM) :
-
Kuah Jenhan reported that ... (11:28 PM) :
post a commentGo Ah Kuah! Have Your Happy Period! I'm Happily Having mine here :P
did you receive my email?
anonymous - haaha who are you la...
bung - yeah i did...give me some time to reply ya