Day Fifteen; The Storyteller
| Ah Boy overslept a little today and came at 8.35am. Oddly, there was no traffic jam at all. I guess everyone has already gone to work. We reached LB about 25 minutes later and just in time for breakfast. I didn’t feel like eating today so I just had a cup of milk. I have re-updated last Friday’s entry. Remember to check it out. Today, Tricia the new girl joined us and is sitting next to me. Gin May hasn’t arrived yet, Jenny has, Aliya left me some job reqs on my desk and Gogula shaved his head. 10.49am, Amber just called me and asked if I want to appear in The Star’s R.age. The article will be about my best moment of 2006 and a picture to go along with it. It will be out this Thursday, which means I have to submit it by 3pm today. I am in great stress now because I don’t even have pictures to begin with, only those on my blog which has already been watermarked. It’s ok, if I am unable to find one, I’ll just snap one now since I have the camera with me. It’s done! It finally is! I have finally spoken with Yasmin Ahmad! When I said my name was Jenhan she suddenly said “Oh, somebody SMS me saying that you were interning” I think she must have mistaken me for someone. She spoke to me occasionally in Cantonese. She was a really nice lady. The reason I approached her was because I wanted to take a picture for the R.age article. Ok, I’m going to see her again now. I ordered McDonald’s for lunch today. Now this is what you call brand loyalty! Haaha, I cannot stop laughing when it arrived because I saw the poster that we did here, and then I was complaining about not having a mouse pad last week and for some odd reason, McDonald’s gave me a free mousepad. Haahahahaha. McDonald’s seem to know me very well; I also got 7 packets of Chili sauce. It arrived within 10 minutes…well, that’s because if I had walked to McDonald’s it would also take me 10 minutes. Yes, I’m lazy. Gin May came back in time for lunch. She had gone to Taylor’s just now. I should have asked her to help me pay my fees while she’s there. Haaha. She said I had a nice shirt on and I’m starting to feel weird. It’s not the first comment I’ve heard about the shirt. Ok, so it’s a little toooooo flowery for a boy :p I went to look for Yasmin but she wasn’t there. On my way back, I almost collided into someone. Choo Seong, Jason from Sepet. We were walking from opposite directions approaching a corner and I almost knocked the coffee out of his hands. I do hope Yasmin comes back in time before I send the article to The Star. Anyways the newly revised extension list for December is out and my name is on it. The best thing is, my name is spelt CORRECTLY! My extension is 2477. Hemanth has left the office and Tanner will be going over to Singapore today so Van is pretty much on her own this week. I think she’s rather free seeing that she brought her Shopaholic book to read today. I went to ask Vivian if she knew what time Yasmin would be back and she asked me to call Amie, Yasmin’s secretary. Amie says that’s she should be back anytime soon because she has a meeting at 3pm. It is 2.18pm now. Tricia asked me to help her brainstorm for some theme names. The theme will be used for a Talent Search in a McDonald’s carnival coming up soon. I’m thinking Happy Face Hunt, since McDonald’s is pretty much about happy faces. 4.30pm I have just met Yasmin again and we took pictures! She showed me the new poster of her show Mukhsin. She appears to me to be a really friendly person and she was listening to some jazz. After we took pictures, I went down to the sundry shop with Van to get some tidbits. Something about Yasmin just overwhelms me. Pondering on the few minutes ago, I feel somewhat satisfied and hopeful for the future. It was as though another door the to future has been revealed. Right now I only hope we will be in frequent communication and hopefully I will let lots from her and be able to share some of my thoughts too. Vanessa is laughing to herself now while reading her storybook. Tricia is rubbing her palms. She must be really cold. Aliya is wearing glasses. This is the first time I’ve seen her wearing her glasses. Funny it looks fairly familiar. OH MY GOSH! Aliya wears the same pair I have! Oakley’s Chop Top 4.0 and in the same color! Haahahaha. What a coincidence. No wait; this is not really a good sign. It’s not women’s glasses right? It can’t be. I have been frightened enough when I found out that Paris Hilton wears my Oakley Riddle too. Wow, it’s 6pm already. Today went on quick quickly. Anyways, tonight I’ll be having dinner at the JW Marriott courtesy of my architecture friends. They overbooked tables for their prom and so they are claiming it back. Thanks Hui Xian, for inviting me to dinner. Now all I have to do is to wait for Ah Boy to finish her work. By the way, about the photo shoot tomorrow, I don’t think there will be one. Aliya says it has been postponed. We left the building only at 8.40pm and straight to JW Marriott, where we met Bibi and Ally! What a surprise. It was nice meeting them again after 3 weeks of not seeing each other. I wonder how my other friends are holding up. Total "Fucks" heard today was zero until... 3 consecutive ones were heard after 7pm. See you tomorrow! Countdown till Aliya leaves - 4 days. |




Comments on "Day Fifteen; The Storyteller"
-
vvens reported that ... (1:50 PM) :
post a commenthey, that's a nice picture you took with her. :)