Friday, December 08, 2006

Day Nineteen; Whining and Losing

Aliya is leaving today. I woke up without the alarm from my phone today, which was pretty unbelievable. I left my phone in Ah Boy’s car yesterday. She came at 8.10am today and we made our way to work. Upon arriving, Gin May giggled and said I look as though I am going to sleep. Hmm, I guess the shabby white tee and gray slacks does make me look like I’m dressed for bed.

I had myself some egg sandwich and a little nasi lemak. Vanessa was a little quieter today. She was trying to be more ‘serious’ it seems. Haaha she even tried keeping quiet for 5 minutes. Ahh, it’s all good. There will be re-runs of “How Vanessa Embarrassed Herself Further” all through the day. Anyways, thanks Van for helping me file some stuff yesterday!

I think later I’m going to try to get myself to Lot 10 during lunch hour to get my Riddle fixed and also get a thank you card for Aliya. I hope I do find my way there.

This is Ben

Ben is a man who came in yesterday to take Jenny’s place for a few days. Ben is a big hunky man who was originally from London and is stationed in Hong Kong. He flew in just to take Jenny’s place for a few days while she is on emergency leave. Wow, I guess a person of that responsibility must play a very important role in the agency. A replacement had to be flown in from Hong Kong although it’s just for a few days.

Ben was laughing at Van and myself looking at another man walk, because we were giggling. Ben thought we were teasing his walk and he said, “Being a little mean huh?”

Then I told him we were just talking about bimbos and that Van is one. Then he was telling us about bloke bimbos, which were called a himbo. Vanessa has never heard of a himbo so she was rather fascinated and that is when another episode of “How Vanessa Embarrassed Herself Further” happened.

“I don’t mean to sound stupid or want to sound stupid, but I have a question la. If a male bimbo is call a himbo why isn’t a girl bimbo called a herbo?” - Van

Haahahaha.

It’s 12.11pm now; Van and I are going to take a cab to Lot 10 now. I just introduced myself to Ben. He shook my hand and he had a strong and firm handshake. Sometimes a handshake tells a lot about a person especially when it comes to business.

We took a bus down to Lot 10. I went to look for Sam and got my Riddle fixed. It’s awesome now :p and then I went shopping for a farewell gift and a card for Aliya. I bought her nifty black leather name card holder…and one for myself too since it looked nice. Haahaha.

In the bus

Then we went to Sg. Wang’s Popular to get Van’s Shopaholic book. It was 1.45pm already and we had to go home. So we went to 1901 hotdogs to get our lunch and then to the bus stop to hail a bus or a cab. I ordered the Minnesota something with extra relish. Yum! We ended up taking the bus since it came first.

In the bus, I realized that my half of my hotdog box had opened and my relish and sauce were spilling out. I don’t know why but I get really annoyed and irritated and pissed off when that happens. Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. My mood is spoilt now. How can someone possibly mess with my hotdog?

It’s like, imagine your tuna sandwich in a box but the tuna is not in the sandwich but all over the box and the plastic bag! ARGH.

We arrived back at LB at 2.20pm and I murdered my hotdog. I have so much rage right now! After eating, I went back to my place, composed a poem for Aliya and halfway penning it down, Tricia asked me what was I doing. She then told me “You should have came back earlier!”

WHAT?

Yes, Aliya had left the building.

Can you imagine what I feel right now? Rage from the hotdog and I didn’t even have the chance to say goodbye or even take a picture with Aliya. I don’t know la what to write.

I am whining like a little boy and Tricia and Van are laughing at me, the little boy.

I was wondering why didn’t anyone organize any farewell party or even a ‘makan’ for Aliya and Tricia suddenly recalled and mentioned, “we actually went for dinner on Wednesday but you left early! Aliya was asking where were you!”

I was really whining when the picture was taken. Vanessa caught me at the 'right' moment.

I am whining and whining and whining and moping and just sooo…nggerrrhhhhh.

Tricia also said that Aliya thinks I’m cute.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. If it wasn’t for the hotdog I might have made it back earlier and in time to see her before she leaves. I SMS-ed Aliya. She told me that she would come back on Thursday and see me then. She had to rush off to catch a bus to Singapore for her cousin’s wedding.

Singapore? Isn’t the ZoukOut tomorrow? Heehehe. Something tells me Aliya is going to have a lot of fun.

Tricia said that probably we should organize something with Aliya on Thursday when she comes back. Yeah I think we should.

Vanessa just offered to buff my nails to make me feel better. She says she’s got the magic tool. Haaha though it sounds nice, I don’t think that would help at the moment.

Tricia just asked me to help scan some things for her and shortly after that we had an all-staff meeting with the CEO, Hamish Banks at the Bistro. It was a brief review of 2006 and also a bit about the coming year. That started at about 4.00pm and ended at about 5.15pm.

Ah Boy had to rush to Kepong to pick some stuff up and will take awhile so I decided to wait in the office. She left at close to 6pm.

It is now 8pm. I have been doing nothing at all. I went downstairs to get Maggie goring and went back up to the bistro to eat. I was watching The Flash on Astro when the heavy rain started and I couldn’t continue. Gin May and the rest has already gone to the DMAM awards tonight.

It is 8.30pm now and Yoke Peng offered to send me home so I followed her. Ah Boy was still in Kepong awhile ago so I think she’s going to take quite a while to get back.

Just when I thought I had spent 2 hours in total idleness and incredible dullness, I was wrong. Before I left the office I made a pit stop at the toilet. Just as I was about to reach for the door handle, it opened all by itself and gave us both a shock. Choo Seong was on the other side and almost bumped into me.

It’s odd I always almost run into him.

I said “Hi” and then…

He said…”Oh, Jenhan!”

Wow he actually remembers! Mayz, jealous or not? He was also going to go home soon.

After that, I left the office. No counts of "Fuck" today either.

See you next week.


Aliya left. I do feel really sad inside.

Comments on "Day Nineteen; Whining and Losing"

 

Blogger Mayz reported that ... (12:40 AM) : 

This Jenny here.. wanna know what he did??! He PURPOSELY called me to tell me, a fan of Ng Choo Seong ('coz of his character in Sepet), that HE (Jenhan) bumped into HIM (Choo Seong)... (-_-") Wanna make me jealous la.. but honestly, at that very moment, I also dunno whether to 'sweat' or feel EXTREMELY JEALOUS! Hmmph! Don't care.. i must make it a point to talk to him when i actually (hopefully) do meet him...Haha (Laughs hysterically)!

 

post a comment