Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day Thirty Eight; A Switch of Place

Sorry the internet was down the entire day and I left my thumbdrive so I couldn't bring the file home.

I will update tomorrow.


*pictures coming soon
------------------------------------------------

It’s back to work today. I woke up at 7.25am, lost and clueless. Thankfully, packing my bag is unnecessary seeing that everything is already inside. Ah Boy came at 8.05am and we left for work. The roads were clear and we arrived at 8.40am. People must still be on holiday.

We met Vanessa at the parking spot and then we walked to the office for breakfast. They had theirs while I got myself a cup of milk. Anthony joined in a little later followed by Gogula and Desiree.

I’m sitting at a different place now. I sit right behind of Jas and in front of the photostate machine. It’s quite cool because I am no longer sharing a long table but using a ‘corner’ of my own. I have shelves on top and at both sides of my desk!

I spent some time transferring all my junk to my new seat and then hooked my computer and speakers up. The Internet is terribly slow today. Loading Google is near impossible and starting MSN is way out of the question.

Jenny isn’t in yet and Tricia is enjoying her holidays. I went over to Vanessa’s place to find her playing a game so I took over and hogged her computer until it was lunchtime. Ah Boy wanted to eat beef noodles so we went to the one at Petaling Street. Gogula and Desiree ate downstairs at the 4th floor. Calvin is on emergency leave and Gin May is still busy as ever.

Ah Boy, Vanessa and I left for Petaling Street only to find that the shop was closed. So we went to Jalan Alor instead. I had myself a large bowl of dry beef noodles and realized that I had left my wallet in my bag at the office so Ah Boy paid for me first.

We arrived back at the agency at about 1.35pm and Jenny was in already. I helped her prepare some urgent dispatches and also some close and bills. She then came to me and handed me a wrapped box. She said that her daughter got me a small Christmas gift. That’s very nice of the both of them! I wonder what’s inside.

Let me introduce you to a few people. Ong is a man from the creative department whom I have been going to ‘visit’ recently to ask about McDonald’s jobs. Yong is from the Studio department and is in charge of giving us the colour proofs of the artworks we handle. Dewi is the producer whom I have to see if there is anything regarding a televsion commercial. I’ve known Dewi since Aliya was here because we met at the first McDonald’s shoot. Another person I’ve recently got to know is Tay who is from the finance department and handles the invoices.

Just a while ago, I have been running to get a CD for Ong so that he can burn the TVC I need to pass to Jenny and then to Dewi. While at it, I also had to get some invoices from Tay and estimates from Jenny to prepare it for dispatch. Then, before I pass the CD to Dewi, I had to find for a McDonald’s Sarawak advertisement that didn’t appear and run to Yong to ask him for the colour proof of the advertisement.

Confusing? Yes, I know. I realize that work for me comes like a hurricane. It begins with silence, and then sounds of the rustling wind followed by a huge ass gush of wind, and then…it is silent again.

Just now at Dewi’s place, she congratulated me for last week’s win and then she said, “That must mean you’re a funny person!”

I think none of them actually expected a joke from me considering how dull and unfunny I usually am. Haahaha.

I was also introduced to another person today. Her name is Maureen. Maureen came over to my new seating place and asked if I was the ‘stand up comedian’ and then she congratulated me as well. Oh, last week, there was a guy name Jovian who actually wanted to come watch because he was working late but couldn’t come because he forgot the venue. He had just cleared his email right before leaving the office. Pity!

Besides the ‘hurricane’ of work, I have been pretty idle, spending today doing some ‘handicraft’.

It’s 6.10pm now. I helped Jenny make a CD duplicate and then called it a day.

Still no “Fucks” heard.

See you tomorrow!
~

Comments on "Day Thirty Eight; A Switch of Place"

 

post a comment