Day Thirty Two; Painkillers and Preparations
| Painkillers are awesome. I woke up today feeling much more comfortable than the day before. It was still hurting a little but I manage to walk/limp down the stairs today. Yesterday I had to sit on the step and let myself down with my arms, step by step. Ah Boy came at about 8.25am today and we still arrived before 9am. Today is the day! The finals. Honestly, I am still unprepared and am still looking for things to talk about. Yes there is a certain degree of spontaneity but I still have to prepare something at hand. I ate toast and painkillers for breakfast. Eddy came to me and said “Eh man, big day today eh?!” and he wished me luck. He might come if he can today. I found out that the shifting of places would be happening already. Gin May has already been shifted to the Leo Burnett side of the agency. Later today, I will shift too and so will the rest of us. Vanessa will be shifted back to her original place. Haaha. I opened my email to find a couple of emails wishing me luck for tonight and asking me to ‘break a leg’. Well I didn’t break it but i certainly sprained it. I hope that counts. Li San and Tanner both wished me luck too. My first tasks today were to take pictures of the mock-up set again and then prepare a PowerPoint. After that, sort out more invoices for the client. Kam Leong just walked by and wished me luck as well. It’s really motivating to have colleagues come wish me all the best for tonight. I really should revise my material again because I just don’t think it’s good enough yet. Vanessa has been in a meeting since 10am and it’s 12.30pm already. Lunch time. Just a while ago, while I was at the photocopy machine, someone nudged me (no, not MSN style) and I look to see a new face. He introduced himself as Anthony and he is a new staff here in the agency. He’s working under the GPM account and is quite a blessing for the female crowd in the office I guess. He’s quite the looker ;) Anyways, Ah Boy is down with sore throat and some flu so she didn’t join me for McDonalds. Gin May, who has shifted to the Leo Burnett side, has already gone to buy food with Clarissa and Elsze. Yes, she has a ‘NEW GANG’ now. Haahaha. So I ordered McDonalds while the others went downstairs to get their food. Ah Boy had two panadol pills for lunch today. At the bistro, we discussed about my jokes tonight and it was indeed enlightening. I wasn’t quite in the mood due to the lack of inspiration from yesterday and today has been great. Supportive colleagues are indeed great. Fred asked me to help him find out FedEx’s CEO and Marketing Manager so I called in and pretended to be from a marketing agency trying to extend an invitation to them. Heehe, by doing that, I’ll be able to get their names and mailing address. Smart eh? Cyril just walked past my table and then he stopped and he asked me about some email and then he said I had a nice shirt on. I’m wearing the flowery shirt I wore when I took pictures with Yasmin the other day. Hmm, this shirt seems to be getting a lot of attention. Anyways, Choo Seong cut his hair last week so he doesn’t wear a cap anymore. Haaha, I guess I was right that he wore a cap because he got too lazy to manage his crop. There was a power outage just now at about 2.50pm and Wong says that the power could only come back in at least 2 hours time. A few of the staff has left for some last minute Christmas shopping and maybe to eat. While the power was out, I helped Emi spray mount and prepare some visuals. It’s Tanner’s birthday tomorrow and the power went out when he cut the cake. He say he ‘wished everyone didn’t have to work’ and that’s why the power went off. Haahaha. I helped Emi and Tricia with the direct outputs (things to be sent out to client to be used). At about 6pm, I left the office, ready for the competition tonight. I am still rather unprepared and have not rehearsed my materials yet. May God be with me. All the best to myself! Two counts of ‘Fuck’ today. Tell you the results tomorrow, |
Comments on "Day Thirty Two; Painkillers and Preparations"
post a comment