Day Twelve; The Despatch
Sorry all :p ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- I know I am going to wake a little late today so I preplanned my attire for today to save time. However, it still took me almost 20 minutes looking for my shirt because my closet is that messy, it’s like escalating Mount Kinabalu just to look for one shirt. While I was waiting for Ah Boy to come, I flipped thru The Star and then I saw it, a McDonald’s Ocean Delights advertisement. Though I may not have done much or, perhaps, anything at all, I can’t help but feel a faint sense of accomplishment for having done some work for the Ocean Delights promo. It feels good. Van was in formal attire today. For a moment I thought that I was in wrong attire and then she told me that she has to attend a meeting later. Phew. Gin May is nowhere to be seen and still isn’t here yet. I had some egg-mayo sandwiches for breakfast and a cup of milk. Look at page 45 of Metro, The Star today. See a familiar face? Yes, that’s Vanessa in the papers about some Johnnie Walker event. Talk of the agency today it seems! I reminded Jas about the booking for the orientation today. One of the two ladies has already arrived and is sitting opposite me. I have yet to get to know her. She seems to be a lady of about her senior thirties. Seeing new people somehow doesn’t excite or make me happy. It just reminds me that Aliya will be leaving next week. Sigh. Gin May came in at about close to 10am and immediately got to know the new lady joining us. Her name is Emi and the other one who is going to be joining us is Trisha. Trisha was previously an intern as well somewhere in the middle of March until July. The orientation started at about 10.45am and after 10 minutes Aliya had to run out to settle some stuff first. 30 minutes later, she returned and we resumed until 12.30pm. It’s lunchtime now. I don’t know why but I seem to have lost my appetite and mood. It just…happens. I don’t feel like eating anything; don’t feel like doing anything and anything at all. My friends would tell me I’m having my PMS since I’m Ah Kuah. Haaha. Actually, they could be right. I just don’t seem to have any mood for anything. Hmm. I munched on a green apple I nicked from the receptionist desk while Van and Ah Boy ate their lunch. Aliya was there too. Aliya asked me why wasn't I eating and I told her I didn’t have the appetite. Van butted in and said “Like girl only la he..” Aliya instantly agreed “Yeahhh!” as though to have thought about it before. Hey! Anyways, Aliya again mentioned that she would be leaving next Friday. Sigh, I think it might have contributed a little to the dullness I am going through now. Aiyoh, I don’t even have the mood to eat sandwich! There must be something terribly wrong! I had myself a bottle of strawberry yogurt drink I bought from the sundry shop downstairs. Yum. I guess I feel better now! Gin May just came back from lunch and she offered me some of her massive chocolate cookies. They were indeed huge; it can’t even fit into the Pringles can. I decided, ah what the heck, just take one to munch on. They were pretty delicious. Then, I had a moment of extreme cleverness. I took the peanut butter from the fridge and used it as a dip for the cookie. Hello appetite! Chocolate cookies, peanut butter and then down it all with some milk. Yummmy! While munching on my cookie, I helped Aliya search for some files from the ftp but it wasn’t there. We were supposed to download some material from the US. After that, I helped Frederick, from the Taylor’s account type some body copy. Aliya asked me to help her look through the HappyMeal TVCs and list the toys that were featured. Watching McDonald ad after ad, I’m starting to realize a pattern and a certain feel to the ads. Here is a fun fact; McValue Meal is McValue Meal in every McDonalds except KLIA. In KLIA, McValue Meal is known as the Combo Meal. Not so ‘McValue’ I guess :) 4.15pm, Aliya asked me to get a cab to help dispatch some posters to a Mary-Anne in Damansara Uptown. It was pouring outside. Aliya gave me RM30 and said it should be sufficient. I went out and asked Vivian if she could help me. She asked me to sit with her while she called for a cab. Vivian is one amazing girl. She has 3 phones on her desk and she can answer both at once. I’ve seen it! She talks on one and shifts to another and back to the first one, puts its down, picks up the third and talk. Amazing coordination - balancing intercoms, incoming calls, passing the call to another extension and etc! After about 20 minutes of trying, she finally found a cab that can take me to Damansara Uptown, wait for me and back to Menara Olympia in KL during rush hour. 381 was the number. The journey started at about 5pm. I was a little tired and groggy because of the jam and I fell asleep a couple of times. When I arrived at Damansara Uptown, it was already 6.15pm. It took me more than an hour to reach just to drop a folder and leave. I went back down, hopped into the cab and resumed the ride. The jam is worst now. I tried to keep myself occupied by taking pictures in the cab, but…I ran out of battery soon after. The reason why my battery dies off so fast is because the camera’s flash is used quite often when my friends play with the camera. Great. A long way from home and a dead camera. By the time we reached KL it was already 7.15pm. The taxi man asked if I was a reporter and I told him I was from an advertising agency and we chated a little. About 15 to 20 minutes later, I finally arrived back at Menara Olympia with a RM31.90 taxi fee. Incredible! This is the first time I have sat in a taxi for at least 2 hours and a half and the first time I am paying so much for a taxi ride. We have traveled 30.39 KM to and fro. Aliya had already left for the online presentation and final cut at about 6.39pm. She gave me a call earlier when I was still stuck in the jam. When I arrived back at Leo Burnett, Tanner and Hemanth and the rest were having a drink. I think it’s Hemanth’s last day in Leo Burnett as well. He is going to be working in the client’s side instead of the agency. Everyone else had left except Ah Boy. We then walked to the car, and went back home through another jam. Today only two ‘Fucks’ were heard. Dispatch done, see you next Monday! Countdown till Aliya leaves : 7 days. |





Comments on "Day Twelve; The Despatch"
post a comment