Friday, December 15, 2006

Day Twenty Six; Golf and Christmas

I woke at 4am today to prepare for the GPM Golf day shoot. Ah Boy was supposed to come at 4.30am but she overslept and came at 5.30am. We were both so restless and sleepy. We were supposed to reach Saujana Golf and Country Resort by 6 to 6.30am. Saujana is in Subang, somewhere near the old airport. I slept at 2 the previous night because I was updating my site so I actually only had 2 hours worth of sleep. I don’t know what time the golf event ends but I know I would have to go back to the office later in the evening for the Christmas party.

Can't see anything

We arrived there at 6.15am and it was really dark. The sun was still asleep but not the agency. Connie and the gang were already busy preparing the refreshment boxes. A little later, a truck filled with girls came. The golf girls. I know some of them from the motorshow. There was Wydia from Bridgestone, Jasmine from Volvo, Su Yen from Toyota and a few more I guess. Haaha, just two days ago I met Wydia at the Red Sessions party and now we are ‘working’ again.

Still dark

The participants of this golf competition were big bosses and high ranking people of those who are close to Phillip Morris. I remember seeing people from Petronas, 7-11 and a few more. They started coming in at about 7am.

I was there today to be a side photographer for the agency. Armed with the d200, I met Adam, the official photo/videographer. He had to occasionally balance between the video camera and a camera.

After registration and things like that, the participants went to have their breakfast before teeing off. They were divided into groups of four and were assigned tee off times so that they wouldn’t clash with one another. When everything was sorted out, they went into their buggy and proceeded to Hole 1.

When they left, I finally had some free time so I went to have my breakfast too. Sitting across me are some of the golf girls rubbing sun tan lotion on themselves. Of course I took pictures. :)

See?

The golf course is just so visually stunning. It’s like a…’treated’ mini forest. There were really lush grasses and a lot of trees. I got the chance to ride a buggy and he took me around to take pictures. It’s so cool and so fun.

The buggy driver

Not much happened in between. Just plain photo taking and the like. After that, at about 1pm, the participants all handed in their score cards and prepared for lunch. Lunch was a buffet and lots of Carlsberg and of course, 4 packets of Marlboro on each table.

Marlboro for all ocassion

After lunch, it was the prize giving ceremony and there was a game whereby the videographer chose certain funny moments and those that appeared in the video won a sleeve of balls. That was funny and indeed entertained everyone. At about 3.20pm, Gokul, Ah Boy and I left for the office.

Naughty Su Yen, Jasmine and Alison!

We got stuck in the jam for more than 1 hour and a half and I fell asleep several times on the journey back. We only arrived back at the office after 5pm.

Christmas party!

When I got back, I transferred the photos first and then Tricia asked me to help make some copies of invoices and also write a close and bill. Soon after, there was an announcement to go to the bistro to start the party.

Eddy singing

The party was great fun! Eddy, his caroling troop as well as Amu who was incredibly sporting certainly lit everyone up and put everyone into the Christmas mood. After caroling, Hamish gave a short speech, wishing everyone who was born from September onwards Happy Birthday and then say a little bit about Anja who was leaving. We were celebrating a lot today. Firstly, Christmas and then Anja’s last day and also a mini birthday bash.

Anja led by Amu with Hamish at the back

Anja gave a little speech as well and then suddenly “Kuch Kuch Hota Hei” started playing in the background and in came a dancing Amu leading Anja to her surprise present from all of us. It was a mini ‘Christmas tree’ with personalized notes that we all wrote and also a book.

After that, we could eat the buffet that was provided and the lamb was awesome. Oh I forgot to mention that there was a lot of alcohol! Eggnogs, Johnnie Walker, vodkas, wines, Jim Beams and a lot more. I had quite a bit to drink actually and was shining like a traffic light.

Clarissa and Lynn made me a very delicious Vodka lime and taught me how to do it. It’s really delicious and hides the vodka taste well.

Gin May was quite busy so she joined in a little later but her face was like mine! Beaming red! Haahahahaha we both turn red very fast but she is incredibly red. Choo Seong didn’t want to drink because he said he would ‘kong’ after 3 sips.

I met Zsolt, a Hungarian. He is a really funny man and was nice to talk to. I also saw Vanessa, who was drunk and couldn’t stop talking. It’s already bad enough when she’s sober and now she’s drunk! It is like a “How Vanessa Embarrassed Herself Further” Christmas special edition. Haaha.

After that, I went to make copies of the invoices and while at the photostate machine, Jenninder tried to ‘hustle’ me and I ‘hustled’ her back. Haahahahaha. I started singing Daler Mehndi songs to her and dancing the Bhangra and she took me all around to parade. Haahahaha we are rather close now since we’re of the same ‘heritage’. Chakadey Fateh!

After that Ah Boy and I went home at about 8pm and took Gin May along. We dropped her off at Sri Petaling station because her dad will pick her up from there. Despite being really tired and having woken up at 4am, today was indeed a very fun day.

Oh yeah, Cyril invited me to a party next Friday to witness the ‘dark side of the event team’. Haaha, I cannot wait for that.

Ok, it’s 9.30pm now and I’ve finally finished typing. I’m going to have an early night tonight.

No “fuck” counts today.

See you next Monday!

Comments on "Day Twenty Six; Golf and Christmas"

 

post a comment