Monday, January 08, 2007

Day Fifty; Advertising

I had a bad night last night, as I couldn’t seem to fall asleep. I woke up at about 8.10am, woozy and tired. Ah Boy picked me up soon after and then we arrived at the office at 9.15am. My nose seems to be leaking and I skipped breakfast again. Actually I had a box of Milo in the car.

Jenny is back and so is Jason the big man of the Johnnie Walker side. Lots of people are back from their holidays already. The first thing I did today was check out the link Jayme gave me last week about this bar and comedy club in Clarke Quay, Singapore. They have lots of international performances there.

Not long after, Jenny asked me to help her clear some box files and CDs. I walked past Arin and saw him looking at some fireworks photos. It was from the launch of Visit Malaysia 2007 campaign. I then asked him if he knew any model photographers and stuff like that because I want to ask for advice for my upcoming job. He then introduced me to a forum where photographers; mainly Malaysians share their photos and advices.

I registered myself but didn’t dare to surf it yet. Not because it wasn’t allowed but the forum thread I am keen to read is about Portraits of male and female. Better do this at home.

Anyways, somebody has stolen my chair. Somebody slyly replaced my comfy armrest chair with a dysfunctional seat. This chair is so retarded that whenever I stood up it bounces up and then when I sit on it, it goes all the way down (nothing to do with my weight).

Ishhh! Who stole my chair? I’m going to leave surprises on my chair if I ever find it, maybe accidentally leaving stapler bullets or maybe spilling some glue by accident. Nah, just kidding. This new chair isn’t all that bad anyways. It has a harder back and it keeps me sitting straight (posture).

It’s 12.18pm now. Quite a bit has been happening since. The pricelist I got last week is finally sent out to the clients and then Tricia came over to my place. She told me that if I needed anything to fulfill my internship requirements, let her know. My internship is ending in two weeks time and she don’t want me to miss anything out from the requirements my college has set. She says that she’s worried as well because she just got back into the job not to long ago. I’d say she’s doing quite an incredible job handling everything since she came in when Aliya left and now Emi has left too.

Then a man came over smiled and asked me about my comedy show. Now if I’m not mistaken, they refer to this man as Kien. And Kien is the President of Arc Worldwide. His name would be Tan Kien Eng. It was really an honor being congratulated by the President of Arc himself. I wonder how he knew who the ‘Jenhan’ that sent the invitation emails was. Hmm.

Shortly after, Jenny came over to use my computer and asked me to help her get some materials for McDonald’s upcoming goods. The upcoming promotion is going to be great! There is a movie that comes along with this promotion (hint hint).

And the most recent visitor I had is Gin May. She just got back from Taylors and then she walked over to my place, with a smile as wide as a six inch Subway sandwich. She asked me how things were and apologized for not being able to make it to my show. I then told her about Kien’s visit and asked her how would he know who I was?

Her answer was smart. So smart it made me extremely stupid. She lifted a ‘signage’ from the top my CPU that I made. The sign wrote, “Jenhan sits here.”

It’s now 12.30pm and time for lunch! Vanessa just popped by as well and saw me typing this and asked me to type, “Vanessa is disturbing me” the she asked me why do I always write about her.

Vanessa, I know you’re reading this and I know you like it…because you’re a ‘something’ that starts with a B, ends with O, has IMB in between which rhymes with jumbo. Haaha.

Ah Boy, Vanessa, Gin May and I went to have beef noodles at the Petaling Street area and the noodles were delicious. I also saw some MBS kids walking around which reminded me a lot of myself back in the days. Not too long ago actually.

After noodles, in the car, on the way back, Vanessa kept on ‘trying’ to annoy me by singing to the songs played on the radio. Torturous I say! Torturous!

It’s 4.35pm now and I have been pretty idle. I just finish looking through every page of The Star I borrowed from Vivian. I was actually having a can of Soya Bean and then I couldn’t anymore. I lost my appetite when I was reading the article on page N33. It was about the Abu Ghraib abuse. There is something called ‘The Black and Decker’s torture’. It’s when the Americans use power tools to pierce holes and torture their captives in Iraq. Sick.

Anyways, shortly after Tricia came along and asked me to help her find for some TVCs and compile them.

I am starting to like where I sit. Everyone who walks into the Arc side will definitely see me because I am seated right in front of the passageway. This means I see everyone who comes to, such as the group of brand ambassador girls! They are walking to and fro to the toilet to change their uniform and it has definitely visually enhanced my day.

It’s 5.40pm and they keep coming! Today is the day I feel proud of where I sit and the handicraft I’ve made around. All the other guys from the front to the back also came and smiled at me and asked me if I was enjoying it. Haahaha. Awesome!

To spare me the ‘trouble’ of answering where the toilet is (and to do a little advertising) I put up a sign. Haahaha. The moment I put the sign up, Idd came over, saw it, and walked away laughing. Seconds after, Arin, Eddy and the rest came laughing at it too. Haahahaha it’s got to be the best advertising ever!

I will post the pictures soon.

We left at about 6.15pm.

One “fuck” heard.

See you tomorrow!
~

Comments on "Day Fifty; Advertising"

 

Anonymous Anonymous reported that ... (1:48 PM) : 

Man... Life in the advertising has got to be so cool man...

 

post a comment