Day Fifty Eight; The Call and The Cheer
| I woke up a little late today and messaged Ah Boy to come at 8.45am. Took my shower, got dressed and went downstairs to find her car already outside. Turns out she received my message only after leaving the house. Whoops. Upon arriving at the office, I saw 3 things. A note from Gin May reminding me to tell her a joke, a note from Tricia asking me to “call her…tomorrow.” and a big banner on the far end. It had the face of a familiar face on it and the letters spelt AKON. Somebody must have had a blast yesterday night. Tricia will be in late this morning so I called her as her note told me to and then she asked me to help send in some job reqs and then I went to see Jenny. I had to write another job req for BM translations and also go see Swan, the Chinese copywriter to get a translation mailed to Jenny. After that, I had to settle some product estimates. It’s 10.26am now and I’m finally done with all that. Now, to revise my competitive review again and make sure I make a back up copy incase someone decides to delete it again. I wrote a new job req for Jenny and have just submitted it in. If there were a day I’d miss my old seat, it would be today. There are quite a few girls outside and as always, walking to and fro to the toilet. Give me my old place back! It’s not that I want to gawk at them but you know…I just want to help lost girls get to the toilet safety. 11.30am, Tricia just arrived and passed me a stack of estimates the clients has just approved to close and bill. Just now Jayme called me and said “Jenhan, today lunch eat pork!” Haaha. Ok, I wonder what’s for lunch. At about 12.15pm we went for lunch at this alleyway. It was a narrow alley with tables and chairs and they served normal Chinese dishes like that ginger pork and herbal chicken. It was delicious and was quite affordable! When I came back for lunch, Jenny went out already and Tricia wasn’t here so I was pretty idle until recently. It’s 3.11pm now. I helped Tricia double check the prices of the burgers, settled the close and bills, and finalized the competitive review. I also watched this advertisement made in Thailand that was very interesting. A little to long for an advertisement, in my opinion but it was fun and really does the job as an advertisement. It’s been around for a while; it’s called Smooth E. You can watch it on YouTube. I just got a call from Douglas asking if I want to be an extra in his corporate video! I will be shooting alongside Rashid Salleh and Sharifah Armani! Can you believe it? I can’t! If I’m not mistaken it’s going to be sort of like a Borat spoof and I’ll be playing several roles. It’s already 5.43pm and I guess the day is ending soon. It’s been rather quiet today. 6.00pm. All of of the staff were called to the bistro for a ‘meeting’ with Kien. He started off by saying how some of us have been so busy the past weeks and then there was a Sampoerna pitch. Then he went on, “This morning, Sampoerna called.” WE WON THE PITCH! And everyone went ecstatic! There were a few bottles of soft drinks and some light food for all of us. It is such joy to see everyone in the agency cheer in such unison. It really motivates a healthy worklife. A few minutes after that, we left for home. One “fuck” heard today. See you tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow and no more for now. |
Comments on "Day Fifty Eight; The Call and The Cheer"
post a comment