Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Day Fifty One; Nomadic

I woke up in shock today just as what people see in movies. The kind where one jumps out of bed not knowing where they are. It happened to me at 4.19am and there were only two words in my head, “Bad” and “YTL”. I wonder what it means. I went back to bed and got back up at 8.10am and received an SMS from Ah Boy saying she won’t be going to work today.

I SMS-ed Tricia to see if I could get a lift but she was going to McDonalds so I guess it’s the train for me today. I told Tricia and Jenny that I would be arriving a little late today because I got to get my dad to send me to the station and he’s in the market. Anyways, I arrived at the office at 10.45am.

I just became ‘one’ with my place despite the retarded keyboard and chair when all the sudden, Amin came. He told me that an intern is coming and will be sitting my place and I will have to move to Emi’s old place that is beside Tricia. My heart cracked. Nooooo!

I have become a nomad.

I took down my decorations, piece by piece, it felt as though I was piercing a dagger into my heart and twisting it, round and round. (drama)

Jayme came over and asked me why was my table so ‘clean’ and I told her I was going to move. Wong helped me move my files and also set up my new PC. I tried asking Amin again but he said that he doesnt have a choice either.

It’s 12.48pm now at my new place. One things for sure, my computer is way faster now and operates Windows XP. Another thing is that my chair is firm, my keyboard, perfect.

A hand came over my shoulder and placed a silver bag onto my table. I studied it to find that it was actually a packet of Hershey’s Kissables. The M&Ms of Hersheys. It was Amin. He looked quiet as always but this time there was a hint of guilt on his face. He dropped it on my desk and then moved away, walking backwards.

I asked him who was it from and he placed his palm onto his chest. This time my heart sank. I think he felt bad to have to make me move because we all know I love my old place very much. I’m much happier now :)

Everyone else has gone for lunch but me. When Vanessa came over, I told her I didn’t want to eat because at that time, I wasn’t quite in the mood. Maybe I’ll go join them at the bistro later.

It is 6.04pm already. I have been so busy. So so busy today. Where did I stop? Oh right, lunch. I went to the bistro and then Tricia asked me to help her ‘tapau’ her food so I went down to the 4th floor. I got her a Maggi Goreng and some cheap and bland tasting sandwich for myself.

While at the 4th floor, I met Chee Mun. He is an old school mate and what a surprise to find him working in the same building as I am. Later I found out that a few more of my old classmates are working here as well and I told Chee Mun to keep this a secret and then one day I will surprise them during lunch.

Once I got back up, Tricia sent me a new McDonald’s television ad and asked me to help capture the frames and put it into a PowerPoint file. After that, Jenny asked me to help take photos of all the upcoming toys and there were a lot of toys. I had to unpack, take a picture and then re-pack at least 30 toys.

While doing that, I’ve lost count of the amount of cost estimates, delivery orders, and emails I have had to handle. It was hectic. After taking pictures of the toys, I had to prepare a PowerPoint presentation for Jenny and then upload it to an ftp site so Zsolt can access it from Hungary.

My work doesn’t end there. Tricia went out for a shoot and she got me to help find for some colour proofs and their code number. I have just finished looking through all the folders and my body is starting to ache from carrying all those heavy folders. Tricia has also been calling me and asking me to help settle a job req and I had to be her ‘clone’ in the office. She controls me like a robot through the hand phone like a remote control. Well, can’t blame her since she’s the only one handling McDonalds with Jenny now.

To be honest, I’ve lost track of the work I am suppose to do. I know I haven’t finished some work and still am trying to remember what they are.

Oh right…at about 4+pm, I went over to Yasmin’s place for a chat and she told me to come along for discussions when they are going to do an advertisement. She said it would be cool if I could join in and maybe give some ideas! How cool is that!

It is 6.19pm now.

It’s 7.15pm now. I don’t remember what I was doing when I typed the sentence above. Kelvin is giving me a lift to the LRT.

Two “fucks” heard.

See you tomorrow.

Comments on "Day Fifty One; Nomadic"

 

post a comment