Day Fifty Seven; Missing Files
I got up as usual today, lazing, tossing and turning on the bed. Ah Boy came at 8.35am today but my shirt was being ironed so I only went out 10 minutes later. It was surprisingly jammed today and we arrived too late for breakfast. Tricia wasn’t here yet. She called me and told me that she would be coming in later because she has to go to the bank first. I helped her send in some job reqs and also a dispatch an envelope. It is 10.29am now. Jenny just walked in looking for Tricia but no sign of her yet. I had to rearrange the prosperity burger job reqs from Emi’s time so I did and it’s now 11.31am. Tricia came in at about 10.50am and she asked me to help make a duplicate copy of a CD. I went to Jas and then she noticed that I had cut my hair (with Amber Chia :p) and then she saw my clothes today and said I look smart today. I was wearing a white shirt tucked into denim and I had my geeky Oakleys on. Then I walked to Sharon to get some CDs and then she said “Wow today you look so….so…so…..” Then I said, “IT look?” Then she said it wasn’t that. So to wash away my worries I asked, “look gay?” She said “No la! Very straight…very straight!” PHEW. I don’t have to worry about the adjective she was looking for anymore. Then she stuttered and said “hmm…smart.” Haaha I teased her saying that she had such a hard time saying smart because she was looking for an alternative for the adjective ‘handsome’. After more laughing, I then took my CD. I went back to Jas to pass the empty CD to her and then we had a little chat. It’s my last week here :( She asked me to get her another CD so I went back to Sharon and this time she did a ‘comeback’ by saying “Want me to say you’re handsome is it? Walk here again?” So I gave my ‘comeback’ and said, “Yeah, you were shy the first time so I came again to give you another chance to say what you wanted to say. You know its not good to keep things trapped inside. Very unhealthy.” Haahahaha. Just when I had inflated my head into the clouds, my ego soaring with eagles, my self-esteem as high as Bob Marley on marijuana, I had to stumble into Gin May. “Haaha, why you look so nerdy today?” she said. There is a ‘famous’ proverb in the Bahasa Melayu that goes like this, “potong stim”. It’s 12.05pm already. I went over to Gin May and Clarissa’s place for a little chat and Gin May shared some of her ‘ah piau’ biscuits. It’s those aeroplane biscuits you buy from the pasar malam uncle who has all sorts of biscuits. Wong gave me Aliya’s laptop so that I could read DVDs and get my competitive review done today. We have to submit it by today already. HORROR. THE HORROR! The competitive review files are gone! It seems that when Wong went to clarify with Jenny about the files, the updated files that I compiled and done was deleted! Oh my gosh. Gone! I’m going to have to redo this but the problem is I don’t even have the store pictures that I took. It’s all gone! I think I’ll have to go get the Media Banc CDs and do whatever I can now. Lunch today was beef noodles in Petaling Street again. Jayme, Vanessa, Ah Boy and I went and Jayme took us to this parking lot that operates on machines. It’s very much similar to the one you see in Tokyo Drift. After lunch we went to Starbucks and got ourselves a drink and then back to the office. It’s about time I settle my student log report for college. Luckily I didn’t stop halfway updating this site; otherwise I wouldn’t have remembered what I did in the first or second week. It’s 4.29pm now. Tricia is out for a TVC on-line and Jenny out for an off-line, which mean I’m all-alone at the moment. I have just recompiled everything I can get from the Media Banc for the competitive review. Now, all I have to do is follow up on a Jawi translation job with Linda. Li San came over to show me a McDonald’s ad from Japan and I have to give it to the Japanese. They can make everything look so appealing. They have a burger called the MegaMac. Now we all know what the Big Mac but the MegaMac is a BigMac x2 in one burger. Ok, think two Big Macs stacked on one another and you’ll have yourself a Megamac. Wow. It’s 5.55pm now and I should be leaving soon. Actually now! One “fuck” heard today. See you tomorrow, 4 working days left. |



Comments on "Day Fifty Seven; Missing Files"
post a comment