Day Fifty Two; The Field
| It happened again. I woke up at about 4.30am all the sudden again. I tried going back to sleep but it was hard. Eventually, I did but I woke up tired again at about 8.15am. Ah Boy came over at 8.45am and today after work we’ll be going to KLCC to get some stuff. She arrived just in time for breakfast. I skipped it again and I followed Kelvin to the 16th floor. I think it’s a media-planning agency that is associated with Leo Burnett. It is nicely furbished and even has a pool table on top! There are newspapers everywhere and any papers you can think of, they have it there. After that, Tricia told me that she had done the storyboard and that I didn’t have to do it so I thanked her. She needed me to find another colour proof so, back to the big heavy folders I go. After that, I finished up the PowerPoint slides for Jenny and mailed it to her. Throughout my internship and writing these daily ‘logs’, I had forgotten to mention something. From where I sat, I could see a big grassy field. One that resembled the field my school had back in high school. Every time I saw this field, I reminisce about my MBS days. Playing football almost everyday, rugby, cricket, basketball, getting tanned, and any other nonsense a boy could think of. This vast field belongs to the St John’s school. Now that school has started, I see boys going down to the field to play some rugby and football. I really really want to go join then. Just yesterday I even saw a practice for the marching band and that reminded me of my time in the Boys’ Brigade as a percussionist. The Media Banc CDs arrived but yesterday I was too busy to finish it so I got it from Sharon and then finished it. Jayme asked me for lunch and then all of us went. Vanessa, Ah Boy and Kelvin. I called Gin May but she was already having lunch at Cintamani. That traitor! We went to this Yong Tau Fu place that is just a stone’s throw away. I only had myself a glass of soya bean. When we arrived back, Jenny asked me to help her research on some toys so I went to their websites and printed out information about them. After that, I went down to the sundry shop and got myself a packet of Oreos and a box of Coffee milk. Wonderlicious. I only ate half the packet and then I gave the rest to Kelvin. Oh, Kelvin has a new intern! She will be taking his place once he leaves this Friday. Her name is Jessica. Two more days and Kelvin won’t be working here anymore. Add a week to that and I’ll be gone too. It’s 3.34pm and I had just wrote another job req. Tricia told me to go get 10 CDs for her but Sharon said that there wasn’t enough CDs. The new stock will arrive tomorrow. Anyways, while I was there I went over to tease Gin May and Clarissa, the traitors! I also went to look for Amie, Yasmin’s secretary to find out when would Yasmin be free and to ask about the upcoming meetings. Amie was on the phone while Ali Mohd the big man alongside Hamish was playing carom. These geniuses have a certain air of creativity that surrounds them, even when playing carom. Dewi asked me to help her get some McDonald toys so I went to ask Tricia for them. At the same time, I was supposed to collect a CD from Ong. After that, prepare a delivery order for the CD and then another delivery order for another set of CDs. I walked out to the bistro and met Kelvin at Vivian’s table. Vivian said that there are many interns now and that she liked our batch most! Hurray! It’s 6.15pm already. I have been searching for toy’s information and also surfing some pages about the cartoons I used to watch. Gin May just came over to tease us (Tricia and I). We waited for Vanessa until about 7.30pm before leaving for KLCC. Two “fucks” heard today. See you tomorrow! |
Comments on "Day Fifty Two; The Field"
post a comment