Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day Forty Five; Back to Work

Back to work. Back to school. Back to sleep. Back to everything today. I woke set my alarm at 7.20am woke up at 7.20am and changed it to 7.30am and then to 7.50am and finally 8.05am. Ah Boy then came at 8.30am. Surprisingly there wasn’t any jam. Probably people are still in the holiday mood.

Jas is back after a long long holiday and it is good to see her again. She sits right behind me so we can play our ‘chakdey songs’ as we please. I skipped breakfast this morning because I didn’t feel like it. Then, Ah Boy messaged me and asked me to the bistro to have a chat since Gin May just arrived. Anthony had arrived earlier and Gokul joined in a little later. Vanessa and Kelvin are nowhere to be seen yet.

I told them about the bad New Year start I had, talked about gays a little since my last two days of 2006 were spent with a whole lot of gays (no, I don’t swing that way). Last Saturday we went to Maison to celebrate have an “Interns Night Out” since Desiree left the agency on Friday. Just our luck, there was an event happening at Maison and it was a gay event. Everyone knew…but us.

On Sunday, New Year’s Eve, the event I was at decided to make a troop of cross dressers and transsexuals the main act and just my luck, when they were looking for a volunteer to poke some fun at, my friends had to shout my name.

Anyways, back to work. Later I will be going to KLCC for lunch because I want to go snap some pictures for the competitive review. I’m guessing a big part of my week will be spent doing the competitive review for the month of December.

I just did some scanning for my review. Kelvin is also going to KLCC because he needs to go get magazines for the agency. It’s 11.05am and Choo Seong just walked past and said Happy New Year.

Tricia asked me to upload some CDs into the ftp site but one of the files can’t be copied. I’m waiting for the file to send over now. In the mean time I am compiling all my photos and also preparing the PowerPoint slides for the review.

It’s 12.05pm now and I should be leaving anytime soon. Lynn just walked by, saw my ‘decorations’ and said “nice place!”. Haaha.

12.21pm, Yasmin just walked past with Jovian. I think they were trying to compare who uses the toilet faster or longer because they went to toilet and counted “one…two…three!” and the rushed in. Jovian came out first and then Yasmin said “Hey, you finished first! That’s because you never wash!” Haahaha.

Kelvin and I left the office at about 12.35pm and waited for a cab. It was again, a long wait and eventually we arrived in KLCC at about 1.10pm. I went around taking pictures while he searched for his magazines. We then had lunch in Nandos and I stopped by Burberry for a little while. Heehehe.

It's 3pm and we're back at the office. Kelvin didn’t manage to find his magazines. At my place, Nadia left note on my keyboard so I went to see her. She told me that she saw my site and would like me to change a few things. I had to take out certain things due to the nature of our advertising methods.

I helped Tricia fax some documents and then continued my work with the review. After that, I took a break and then called Amanda to catch up on things as promised to her. Haaha, it was good, a decent conversation to ‘normal-lize’ the day. Today just didn’t feel quite right. Maybe it’s back to work day or maybe I’m still disturbed by my New Year’s Eve.

Later I’m going to help Tricia and Gin May take their photos because they need to send their pictures for their company profile, I guess.

I am enjoying the flow of Indian songs from Jas. Haaha, I can even sing to some of them! She’s playing Mehbooba now. I stopped by Wong’s place and saw him reading a forum about some anime. We talked a little about Naruto (the only anime I am familiar with).

It’s 5.00pm now and all the sudden the camera won’t function. Haaha, I guess it’s Tricia and Gin May’s bad day. I think it might be the battery.

Tricia is currently briefing Kristine and Li San so I have to wait a little while. Gin May says she’ll get her brother to take her picture at home. Yeap, it is the battery. Jas helped me charge it and now it’s usable again.

I walk past Gin May’s desk and Clarissa was on her way there too. Clarissa called me and asked me to join in and listen because she was teaching Gin May how to write a creative brief. It was Gin May’s first time as well. It was very educational because Clarissa asked a lot of questions that required us to think and think as advertisers. She said, we in the servicing departments can play quite a dangerous role as well because at times we tend to lean towards the client side when in fact we are responsible with coming up with a creatively effective advertisement.

It really got me thinking heaps. I will ponder on it a while more I guess. It is 6.22pm already and I’m going to leave soon. I asked Gin May over to my seat to see my brand new Silkygirl calender. Haahaha, I will take a picture to show all of you tomorrow!

Till then, see you tomorrow!

By the way, no ‘fucks’ heard.
~

Comments on "Day Forty Five; Back to Work"

 

post a comment