Day Forty Seven; The Spy
| Woke up at 8.10am today feeling lazy but happier. I have a performance tonight at the Actor’s Studio in Bangsar and I’m just a little excited. I don’t have much material yet but I’m hoping they’ll come soon. Ah Boy came at 8.45am. We arrived at 9.25am, almost a little too late for breakfast. I had no breakfast again. Tricia left me some close and bills to file and then she told that she would be going for a meeting at 11am today. So basically all I have to do today is head down to KLCC to get my prices and finish up on the competitor’s prices. I’ve been asking Sharon for Media Banc CDs so much that she is almost traumatized. Haaha, everything she walks past me or whenever she sees me she says “No, no! Not yet..!” with a possessed looked. Hilarious! I grabbed an apple from Vivian’s desk and on my way back I met Gin May who was smiling widely and I asked her why. She said she had just left me a message so I went back to my place to check it. She asked if it was McDonald’s or not because I seem rather down in the dumps (PMS) lately. Probably it’s the bad start for the New Year or maybe it’s just my pre-performance ritual. Somehow I always seem to get depressed days before my show. Let’s hope after tonight, it’ll be all happy happy joy joy. Anyways, Gokul isn’t here today because he’s down with a fever. Kelvin brought a pair of speakers from home so I helped him hook it up and he was so happy. In the mean time Wong gave me a replacement mouse and he is cleaning my old retarded mouse. Huff huff puff puff. I have been running around the office looking for Tricia. Hamish and Tricia have a meeting at McDonalds and Hamish is leaving already. His secretary, Kim asked me for Tricia and she is not at her place. Kim wanted to ask Tricia if she would be following Hamish or not so I tried calling her but she wasn’t picking up so I ended up running around the office looking for her. In the end, Tricia says she will be going on her own and Hamish left with his driver. I peeked out the window at 12.00pm to see the road all clogged up. I immediately asked Vivian not to call the cab because it would take me quite a while to reach KLCC. It’s lunchtime and also people are on their way for their Friday prayers. I waited a little while at Vanessa’s place and then Vanessa and Ah Boy went to get their lunch. Suddenly, Clarrisa and Gin May dropped by and wanted to go for lunch together but Vanessa and Ah Boy had left so they went to get their lunch too and then meet up in the bistro. I went as well. We chatted a little and then we joked and made fun of Vanessa more. It was about 1.45pm when I left the office to go try my luck getting a cab downstairs. At about 2pm, I saw Jeninder and Jamie walking back from their lunch and they told me to take the train instead because getting a cab on Friday is near impossible. I walked to the Putra LRT instead and arrived at KLCC 15 minutes later for my ‘spy mission”. There, I was supposed to get prices from two restaurants so I put on my glasses and joined the queue. Thankfully this time my pen worked. I brought two pens just in case. I only manage to get down half of what’s on the board and then I went on to the restaurant. There wasn’t much of a queue here so I had to use my memory and then write it later. I ordered my lunch (paid for by Leo Burnett ;p) and then sat at a ‘strategic’ location near the counter so I could copy down the other half of what's the board. After that I had to switch places to the other side so I can finish copying the other side of the board so I ordered something small. I think the employees were beginning to get suspicious so I quickly finished my food and off to the first restaurant to finish what I came for. The queue was very much shorter and it was becoming harder. Their ala-carte menu was situated at the other side of the wall, which means I had to almost lean on the counter to see it. I just took out my pen and paper wrote every single thing down in my high-speed horrendous written and then scooted off. My ‘mission’ was a success. I hopped on a taxi and arrived back at the agency at 3.50pm. It is 4.20pm now and I have finally finished updating my price list! Now I have time to sort out my materials for tonight’s show. I went over to Vanessa’s place to use her computer because it was quieter there and the human traffic is minimal. Jayme who sits next to Vanessa told me about a show she watched in Singapore and emailed me the link. One of them whom I think just came back from Korea dropped by to give us all lollipops. At about 5.30pm, I left the office, half prepared as usual. Ah Boy will be giving me a lift to Bangsar. Three “fucks” heard today. Uh-Oh, did anyone break their resolutions yet? Expected lah. See you next week! |
Comments on "Day Forty Seven; The Spy"
post a comment